HISPANIC ORGANIZATION of TOXICOLOGISTS (HOT)
NEWS and EVENTS
The Academic/Professional School of Toxicology of the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, is cordially inviting all SOT and HOT members to the” IV International Congress and V Peruvian Congress of Toxicology,” to be held on August 19–21, 2015, in Lima, Peru. The congress will have a scientific program focused in the new challenges and the development of the diverse areas of toxicology in Peru and other countries, with presentations by local and international scientists. The event’s main goals are to promote national and international development and study of Toxicology, and exchange of knowledge between all areas involved.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and see you all in Peru!
For more information about this event please contact Andy Taipe Huisa.
2015 HOT Reception and Awards Ceremony
Our reception will be held on Tuesday, March 24th 2015 from 6:30-9:30 PM at Café Sevilla in San Diego, CA. Join us to have fun and to establish networks between colleagues!
HOT is now on Facebook!
Starting on February 6th, 2013, as a supplement to ToXchange, you can also keep in touch with the HOT community through Facebook!
2013–2014 HOT Accomplishments:
- Awarded Five Travels Awards for the 2014 SOT Annual Meeting (1 Post-doctoral Fellow, 3 PhD Students, and 1 Undergraduate Student).
- Dr. Betina Lew Co-Chairing the 1st Global HOT Topics Event: Air Pollution around the World: Global Concerns on Monday, March 24th from 5:00 PM–6:30 PM in Room 221-a.
- Hosting: “Discussion about the Latino Advantage in the Workforce”—HOT Mentoring Breakfast on Wednesday, March 26 from 7:00 AM–8:00 AM.
- More than 50 abstracts from HOT members as poster/platform presentations at the 2014 SOT Annual Meeting.
- HOT delegates attended the 17th Annual Conference of the National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA), “Strategies to Build Patient-Centered Medical Homes, Curriculum and Research, April 25–28, 2013.
- Participation in the Council for Diversity Initiatives.
- Participation in the SOT Council for Diversity Initiatives and the Global Senior Scholar Exchange Program (GSSEP) under the guidance of Dr. Betzabet Quintanilla.
- Global outreach by publication of HOT Newsletter, Toxenlaces, 6 issues per year.
- HOT membership continues to grow since the approval of non-SOT membership.
- Increased partnerships with International Sister Organizations and Affiliations.
Want to Learn More About HOT?
You can learn more about our organization and how to join us in our About/Join us and Bylaws pages or our Facebook page.
View a listing of the HOT Sponsors.