Deadline: October 9
The Achievement Award is presented to a member of the Society of Toxicology who, within 15 years since obtaining the highest earned degree (in the year of the Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology), has made significant contributions to toxicology.
This award consists of a plaque that is presented at the SOT Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony and a cash stipend.
Criteria for award:
- Member of the Society
- Less than 15 years since completing degree (using year of the award)
- Significant contributions to toxicology
Items needed in the application:
- Letter of nomination from Full member of the Society
- Curriculum vitae of nominee, including date of highest degree to verify eligibility (10 pages maximum)
- Seconding letter from Full member of the Society
Both letters should include documentation and a description of the significant contributions to toxicology by the nominee; CV listing is not sufficient without analysis and discussion of the important contributions and how the nominee meets the award criteria.
Listing of Award Recipients
Preference will be given to nominees who have not received one of the following SOT awards in the past two years: Achievement, Arnold J. Lehman, Distinguished Toxicology Scholar, Education, Enhancement of Animal Welfare, Founders, Leading Edge in Basic Science, Merit, Public Communications, Toxicologist Mentoring, Translational Impact, Translational/Bridging Travel, and Undergraduate Educator Awards.
Award Group: SOT