Syngenta Fellowship Award in Human Health Applications of New Technologies
Deadline: October 9
The Syngenta Fellowship Award in Human Health Applications of New Technologies is presented to either a third year (or later) graduate student or a postdoctoral trainee. Fellowship funding is to support mode-of-action research aimed at characterizing dose-dependent effects of xenobiotics on mammalian systems in such a way that the causal sequence of key events underlying toxicity is elucidated. The work should permit a quantitative basis for extrapolation of the results from animal bioassays or animal models (in silico, in vitro) to humans at relevant human doses. The awardee will receive travel support to travel to the SOT Annual Meeting to accept the award and for travel to a Syngenta facility to present the results. This is a one year, non-renewable award.
The award consists of a plaque, $15,000 in fellowship funds, travel support to the SOT Annual Meeting to accept the award, and travel support to a Syngenta site to present the results.
Criteria for award:
- Third year (or later) graduate student or postdoctoral trainee employed by academic institution, federal/national laboratory, or research institute
- Applicant is member of the Society, or membership is pending at application deadline. Does not have to be a member (if not a member, awardee will apply before the fellowship is conferred).
Items needed in the application:
1. Application form, which includes:
B.Brief project description
C.Candidates to articulate how their work provides data that will permit a quantitative basis for extrapolation of the results from animal studies to human at relevant human doses.
2. Graduate transcripts
3. Copies of up to three of the applicant's publications or abstracts if available.
Apply by downloading application files, completing, and uploading the files to the SOT Awards page.
4. Reference form and letter from research director
5. Reference form and second letter of reference
6. Reference form and third letter of reference
Letters of reference are e-mailed directly by the writer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail a hard copy of the signed application form to:
Syngenta Fellowship Award
Society of Toxicology
11190 Sunrise Valley Dr, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20191
Letters of reference are e-mailed directly by the writer to SOT HQ
Award Group: Supported