Korean Toxicologists Association in America SIG Young Soo Choi Student Scholarship Award
Deadline: January 5
The Young Soo Choi Student Scholarship Fund proceeds will be used to provide a lump sum scholarship for graduate training in toxicology to a student of Korean heritage.
The criteria used to select recipients of the Choi Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants for the Scholarship shall be Korean individuals (having been born in Korea or, if born in the United States, having one or more parents of Korean descent).
- The individual shall be enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a graduate program in toxicology or in a field of biomedical science related to toxicology.
- Selection will be based on merit and financial need with consideration given to the following:
- A description of the student’s graduate program including a summary of any research conducted or planned.
- Copies of any abstracts prepared by the student for presentations given at meetings of the SOT or other professional Societies (preference will be given to individuals who have given or plan to give a presentation at the SOT Annual Meeting).
- A brief statement from the student indicating how receipt of the Choi Scholarship will assist in their graduate training.
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s mentor.
This award is made possible by the Young Soo Choi Student Scholarship Fund of the SOT Endowment. The deadline for submission of applications is January 5 prior to the SOT Annual Meeting. Full applications should be submitted as an email (titled as KTAA SIG Choi Award application) to
Dr. Yong Joo Chung
Award Group: SOT