Mechanisms SS Renal Toxicology Award
Deadline: November 1
The Mechanisms SS Renal Toxicology Award recognizes scientific contributions in the area of mechanistic or molecular renal toxicology.
Eligibility for Renal Toxicology award:
Required submission materials and judging criteria:
- Predoctoral Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Scientist
- Member of SOT
- An abstract must have been submitted to the 2020 SOT Annual Meeting
- Copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the SOT Annual Meeting.
- Short written narrative (no more than 300 words) describing the purpose of the study or hypothesis being tested, scientific approach, results and significance.
- The focus of the award is on the kidney. The written narrative should highlight how the abstract fits within this focus examples include but are not limited to mechanistic or molecular renal toxicology, drug discovery for renal diseases, studies validating urinary biomarkers, measurement of elimination rates of toxicants.
- Letter of support from mentor/advisor describing the impact of the work described in the abstract on renal toxicology
A single PDF file containing the abstract, essay, and supporting letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
by November 1, 2019. In the subject line, please put "Renal_applicantlastname". For Example: Renal_Smith
Recipients will be announced at the Mechanisms Specialty Section business meeting at the SOT Annual Meeting and will receive a plaque and cash award. This award is made possible by the Renal Toxicology Fellowship Award Fund of the SOT Endowment. For more information regarding this award please contact email@example.com
Award Group: SOT