Women in Toxicology SIG Postdoctoral Fellow Achievement Award
Deadline: January 7
This award is given to a SOT postdoctoral fellow member (current or pending) who has demonstrated outstanding scientific achievement in the field of toxicology and who has also provided leadership and service.
Requirements for applicants:
- Current or pending postdoctoral member SOT at application deadline
- Current postdoctoral research fellowship
- Research relevant to the field of toxicology
- An accepted abstract for the SOT Annual Meeting
Required application components As listed below, applications should detail the applicant's scientific achievement, leadership and service activities, relevance of research to toxicology, and the contribution the applicant's research has had on the field of toxicology. These criteria, with others listed below, are used in the award selection process.
1) 1-page cover letter written by the applicant highlighting their most significant leadership and service activities and summarizing their scientific achievement and contributions to the field of toxicology (written text 12 pt. Times New Roman).
2) 1-page narrative describing postdoctoral research hypothesis, background, and significance (written text 12 pt. Times New Roman).
3) Extended abstract of the submitted presentation for the annual meeting (must include tables and/or figures; written text not to exceed 2 pages with 12 pt. Times New Roman).
4) Two letters of recommendation describing the post postdoc's scientific achievement and contributions to the field of toxicology, including descriptions of their leadership and service activities. One letter must be from the applicant's research advisor/mentor and include recognition of the applicant's contributions to the research being presented. One of these two letters must be from a Full, Associate, or Emeritus SOT member.
5) Curriculum vitae of the applicant that includes specific descriptions of the applicant's scientific achievements, leadership, and service.
Headshot/photograph image of sufficient quality for poster and presentation materials (does not factor into selection of the awardee, this is to have the info on hand to develop WIT annual meeting materials in a timely manner.)
The awardee will receive an engraved plaque and monetary award. The intent of the monetary award is that it be used for education and/or research-related expenses, including travel to scientific conferences. Applicants for the award are not precluded from applying for travel support or other SOT awards outside of WIT.
All components of the award application must be sent to email@example.com as a single PDF file in addition to an image file of the photograph. The name of the award must be indicated in the title field. The application must be received by the deadline or the applicant will not be considered for the award.
Postdoctoral fellows can only apply for one (1) WIT award.
Postdoctoral fellows are eligible to receive (1) WIT award during their postdoctoral training period.
Contact: María-Carmen Rubio-Armendáriz, PhD, WIT Senior Councilor & Aleksandra Buha Djordjevic, PhD, WIT Junior Councilor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Award Group: SOT