Cardiovascular Toxicology SS Trainee Award
Deadline: December 31
The Cardiovascular Toxicology Specialty Section (CVTSS) of the Society of Toxicology (SOT) is now accepting applications for Student and Postdoctoral Trainee Awards. The purpose of these awards is to recognize outstanding contributions of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to the 2022 SOT Annual Meeting in the area of cardiovascular toxicology. Scientific merit will be considered as criteria for this award. Note that consecutive year CVTSS award winners (e.g., must not have been awarded a Trainee award in the previous year) will be disallowed.
Eligibility is limited to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars who meet the following criteria:
1. Have first-author poster or platform abstracts accepted for presentation at the 2022 SOT meeting
2. Have demonstrated need and scientific merit
3. Major advisor or student/postdoctoral scholar is an SOT and CVTSS member
The application should include the following items:
1. Cover letter from the trainee indicating his/her intent to apply for this award and interest in attending the Annual Meeting
2. Current CV
3. Copy of abstract for platform or poster presentation accepted for presentation at the 2022 SOT Annual Meeting and any supporting publications by the applicant
4. Letter from advisor or mentor indicating the trainee’s scientific merit.
Awards will be conferred to a minimum of one (1) graduate student and one (1) postdoctoral scholar. The winners will each receive an achievement plaque and a $1000 cash award. The awardees will be acknowledged at the 2022 CVTSS Reception.
All applications should be submitted to CVTSS Awards Committee Chairperson Haiyan Tong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Group: SOT