Cardiovascular Toxicology SS Trainee Travel Award
Deadline: January 17
The Cardiovascular Toxicology Specialty Section (CVTSS) of the Society of Toxicology (SOT) is now accepting applications for Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Trainee Travel Awards. The purpose of these awards is to recognize outstanding contributions of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to the 2020 SOT Annual Meeting in the area of cardiovascular toxicology. The awards are specifically intended to support the travel of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to the Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology. Both need and scientific merit will be considered as criteria for this award.
Eligibility is limited to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who meet the following criteria:
1. Are Cardiovascular Toxicology Specialty Section members in good standing
2. Have first-author poster or platform abstracts accepted for presentation at the 2020 SOT Annual Meeting
3. Are not receiving other travel award funding from SOT
4. Have demonstrated need
The application should include the following items:
1. Cover letter from the trainee indicating his/her intent to apply for this award and interest in attending the Annual Meeting
2. Current CV
3. Copy of abstract for platform or poster presentation accepted for presentation at the 2020 SOT Annual Meeting and any supporting publications by the applicant
4. Letter from advisor or mentor indicating the trainee’s merit, as well as confirmation of need for funding to enable travel
Awards will be conferred to a minimum of one (1) graduate student and one (1) postdoctoral fellow. The winners will each receive an achievement plaque and a $1000 cash award. The awardees will be acknowledged at the 2020 CVTSS Reception in Anaheim, CA.
All applications should be submitted to CVTSS Awards Committee Chairperson Dinah Misner
Award Group: SOT