Translational/Bridging Travel Award
Deadline: October 9
Up to two awards will be given annually to assist with travel to the SOT Annual Meeting. The SOT Awards Committee offers this award to either a mid- or senior-level scientist or clinician with at least 10 years of postdoctoral research or clinical practice experience and who has an active research program, or currently is active either in the practice of clinical toxicology, medical toxicology, or disease prevention or in the application of translational toxicology. This award consists of a plaque that is presented at the SOT Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony, a cash stipend, and a complimentary registration for the SOT Annual Meeting at which the award is given.
The award nomination package should include the following items:
- Letter of nomination from Full member of the Society
- Curriculum vitae of nominee (10 pages maximum)
- Seconding letter from Full member of the Society
Letters should indicate the following:
- Membership in a society such as the following: American Academy of Clinical Toxicology, American College of Medical Toxicology, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, American Thoracic Society, American Society of Nephrology, Society for Neuroscience, American Society for Preventive Cardiology, or International Society for Environmental Epidemiology, as well as other subspecialty professional societies
- Ability to meet other expenses to attend the meeting (the base travel award available is $2,000 USD and a complimentary registration)
- An abstract for the meeting is optional and MUST be submitted through the normal abstract process
- Willingness to write an article about the experience for the SOT Communiqué and for the home society;
- Willingness to attend the Clinical and Translational Toxicology Specialty Section meeting (held during the SOT Annual Meeting) and contribute to the process for developing ideas for the following year’s Scientific Sessions of the SOT Annual Meeting
- Nominations for non–SOT members are especially encouraged.
Listing of Award Recipients
Preference will be given to nominees who have not received one of the following SOT awards in the past two years: Achievement, Arnold J. Lehman, Distinguished Toxicology Scholar, Education, Enhancement of Animal Welfare, Founders, Leading Edge in Basic Science, Merit, Public Communications, Toxicologist Mentoring, Translational Impact, Translational/Bridging Travel, and Undergraduate Educator Awards.
Award Group: SOT