Hispanic Organization of Toxicologists SIG Distinguished Toxicologist Award
Deadline: January 10
The Distinguished Toxicologist Award is given each year to a toxicologist of Hispanic origin whose work exemplifies the mission of the HOT-SIG by contributing to the advancement of the field of toxicology. Scientific and/or regulatory accomplishments and/or community services will be considered during the review. The HOT Distinguished Toxicologist Award consists of a beautiful recognition plaque for your lab or office space.
Who may apply?
– The nominator for the HOT Distinguished Toxicologist Award Candidate shall be a member of SOT and/or a member of HOT at the time of nomination.
– Nominee shall be a member of HOT at the time of nomination.
* self-nominations will not be accepted.
The application will be reviewed according to one or more of the following criteria:
1) Nominee’s scientific achievements in toxicology have had major impact on the field and stimulated new directions in their area of expertise.
2) Nominee’s contribution to the scientific progress of toxicology by their participation in the creation and/or implementation of regulations.
3) Nominee’s contribution to promoting their institution’s mission.
4) Nominee has been actively involved in SOT and/or HOT leadership.
5) Nominee has served in mentoring, community service, and/or at a national or international level with decision-making and/or advisory activities.
6) Nominee’s activities have had major contributions and impact on the application of toxicological sciences and on the protection and promotion of public health.
1) The nominee’s Curriculum Vitae in English (PDF format), including a complete list of nominee’s publications.
2) One letter of nomination that must include a detailed description of how the nominee has fulfilled or is fulfilling one or more of the criteria stipulated above. The letter should be addressed to the HOT Distinguished Toxicologist Award Committee. The letter must be written in English.
To nominate a colleague for this award, please submit a complete nomination package to both Carmen Rubio Armendáriz, HOT Awards Committee Chair; and Teresa Palacios, Co-Chair.
: Documents must be received on or before January 10th, 2020.
Award Group: SOT