Ocular Toxicology SS Covance-OSOD Graduate Student/Postdoctoral Fellow Research Award
Deadline: December 31
Each year, OTSS recognizes outstanding student/postdoctoral candidates for their contribution to advancing the understanding of ocular toxicology and pharmacology. The award will be announced at the OTSS reception held during the SOT Annual Meeting.
The requirements/criteria for the award include that the Applicant:
1) Must be a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow as of October 1 the year prior to the SOT Annual Meeting
2) Is preferred to be a SOT and OTSS member
3) Must have an submitted and/or accepted abstract (for platform or poster presentation) at the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting
4) His/her accepted abstract must be related to ocular toxicology and/or pharmacology
5) Must attend the OTSS reception held during the SOT Annual Meeting
The applicant should submit:
1) His/her submitted and/or accepted abstract (for platform or poster presentation) at the SOT Annual Meeting
2) A letter of support from trainee’s advisor or mentor indicating the role of the applicant and independence in conducting the research
3) Narrative describing their research hypothesis, background and significance (up to 2-pages)
Submit nominations to: Ocular.SOT@gmail.com
The winner(s) will receive a certificate and monetary award of up to $500, funded by generous contributions from Covance and OSOD.
The winner(s) will present a 5-minute synopsis of his/her research at the OTSS reception held during the SOT Annual Meeting.
Award Group: SOT