Mechanisms SS Sheldon D. Murphy Student Travel Endowment Award
Deadline: October 18
The Sheldon D. Murphy Memorial Fund was established in memory of Sheldon D. Murphy, a Charter Member of the SOT, and its fourteenth President (1974–1975). Dr. Murphy was an inspiring leader who made significant contributions in toxicology education, research and public service. This Memorial Fund honors Dr. Murphy’s considerable contributions to the science of toxicology.
- Nominees shall be selected by a Committee appointed annually by the officers of the Mechanisms Specialty Section.
- Selections of nominees shall be based upon the scientific quality of the applicant’s abstract to be presented at the SOT Annual Meeting for the year in which application for the award is made.
- Applicants must be PhD candidates (i.e., passed comprehensive exams) in toxicology at the time of the Annual Meeting for which travel support is being requested.
- Applicants must be student members of the Society or have a membership application pending as of October 9th of the preceding year.
- Applicants should have an abstract submitted and accepted for the meeting-deadline for abstract submission is in October.
Awards may be announced at the meeting of the Mechanisms Specialty Section held in conjunction with the SOT Annual Meeting and shall be acknowledged at the Annual Meeting. The Award Recipient(s) will be selected based on the scientific quality of the abstract of a presentation that applies mechanistic toxicology, and that has been accepted for presentation at an Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology. The abstract and presentation should be based on the student's research.
The following materials as a single PDF file should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
, In the subject line, please put “Murphy_applicantlastname”. For example: Murphy_Smith
- Applicants must submit an abstract that has been submitted to the Annual Meeting.
- Cover letter indicating intent to apply and status as a PhD candidate. Please indicate date of advancement to candidacy.
This award is made possible by the Sheldon D. Murphy Student Award Endowment Fund.
Award Group: SOT