Mechanisms SS Sheldon D. Murphy Student and Postdoctoral Endowment Award
Deadline: December 1
The Sheldon D. Murphy Memorial Fund was established in memory of Sheldon D. Murphy, a SOT Charter Member, and its fourteenth President (1974–1975). Dr. Murphy was an inspiring leader who made substantial contributions in toxicology education, research and public service. This Memorial Fund honors Dr. Murphy’s considerable contributions to the science of toxicology.
- PhD candidate (i.e., passed comprehensive exams) or postdoctoral trainee at the time of the 2023 Annual Meeting.
- SOT member (pending status ok)
Nominee Selections are made by an appointed committee of Mechanisms Specialty Section officers based on the overall scientific quality of the abstract and the relevance to mechanistic toxicology. Note graduate student and postdoctoral trainee applications will be judged separately.
Required submission materials:
- Cover letter with a short statement that should contain:
Submitted abstract for the 2022 SOT Annual Meeting. The student should be the primary author and contributor to the work described.
- Impact of the research on the field of toxicology (<150 words).
- Status as a PhD candidate or postdoctoral trainee
- Date of advancement to PhD candidacy (graduate students only)
The materials should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com, In the subject line, please put “Murphy_applicantlastname”. For example: Murphy_Smith
Recipients will be announced at the Mechanisms Specialty Section business meeting at the SOT Annual Meeting and will receive a certificate and cash award. This award is made possible by the Sheldon D. Murphy Student Award Endowment Fund.
Award Group: SOT