Ocular Toxicology SS Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Trainee Support Award
Deadline: December 31
Each year, OTSS recognizes outstanding student/postdoctoral candidates with the Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Trainee Support Award. The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding contributions of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the area of ocular toxicology specifically to support attendance to the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting. The award will be announced at the OTSS reception held during the SOT Annual Meeting.
Criteria for the selection will be based on both the applicant’s need and merit.
The requirements/criteria for the award include that the Applicant:
1) Must be a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow as of October 1 the year prior to the SOT Annual Meeting
2) Must have a submitted and/or accepted abstract (for platform or poster presentation) at the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting
3) His/her abstract must be related to ocular toxicology and/or pharmacology
4) Must attend the OTSS reception held during the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting
The application should submit:
1) A cover letter from the trainee indicating his/her intent to apply for this award and interest in attending the SOT Annual Meeting
2) Current CV
3) His/her submitted and/or accepted abstract (for platform or poster presentation) at the SOT Annual Meeting
4) A letter from trainee’s advisor or mentor indicating the trainee’s merit, as well as the confirmation of need for funding to enable participation of the SOT Annual Meeting
Submit nominations to: Ocular.SOT@gmail.com
This award will be conferred to one (1) graduate student and/or one (1) postdoctoral fellow. The winner(s) will receive an achievement plaque at the OTSS reception held during the SOT Annual Meeting as well as the reimbursement of the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting registration fee and Continuing Education/Early Bird Education course fee of their choice.
Award Group: SOT