Ocular Toxicology SS Trainee Travel Award
Deadline: December 15
The Ocular Toxicology Specialty Section (OTSS) of the Society of Toxicology (SOT) is now accepting applications for a Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Trainee Travel Award. The purpose of these awards is to recognize outstanding contributions of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to the 2016 SOT Annual Meeting in the area of ocular toxicology. The award is specifically intended to support the travel of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to the Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology. Both need and abstract merit will be considered as criteria for this award.
Eligibility is limited to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who meet the following criteria:
1. must be graduate student or postdoctoral fellow as of October 1 the year prior to the annual meeting;
2. must have an accepted abstract at the next upcoming SOT annual meeting;
3. must attend the SOT meeting and attend the OTSS reception;
4. must not have received the OTSS award the previous year;
5. abstract must be related to ocular toxicology and/or pharmacology.
The application should include the following items:
1. Cover letter from the trainee indicating his/her intent to apply for this award and interest in attending the Annual Meeting
2. Current CV
3. Copy of abstract for platform or poster presentation at the 2016 SOT
4. Letter from advisor or mentor indicating the trainee’s merit, as well as confirmation of need for funding to enable travel
Awards will be conferred to one (1) graduate student and/or one (1) postdoctoral fellow. The winners will each receive an achievement plaque and a $500 cash award. The awardees will be acknowledged at the 2016 OTSS Reception.
All applications should be submitted to OTSS Awards Committee Chairperson Vlad Bantseev
Award Group: SOT