Occupational and Public Health SS Student Travel Award
Deadline: January 15
Graduate students are encouraged to apply for a OPHSS-sponsored student travel award to attend the SOT Annual Meeting.
- be individuals who are currently enrolled in a program leading to a M.S., Ph.D., or related graduate degree.
- be an SOT member and a member of the OPHSS.
- be a co-author of an SOT-accepted abstract concerning hypothesis-driven research that presents work illustrating the integrated application of toxicology, epidemiology, or related-field in the area public health or occupational health.
To be considered for the OPHSS-sponsored student travel award, applicants MUST submit the following:
- a copy of their abstract (the candidate must be a co-author and preference will be given to presenting authors), [extended abstracts are okay]
- a letter (maximum two pages) from their research mentor that both supports the student as well as describes the student’s research interests and professional goals
- curriculum vitae
Abstracts will be judged based on scientific merit and clarity of presentation. Consideration will also be given to candidates whose professional goals include the areas of public health and occupational health in their research work.
OPHSS Travel Award winners will be invited to attend the OPHSS Luncheon during the SOT Annual Meeting, where they will be recognized with a monetary award of $500 AND student membership to OPHSS for 1 year.
For OPHSS Awards, graduate students may apply for multiple awards but are only eligible to win one award per cycle.
Please contact Amanda Persad
or Leslie Beyer
for additional information.
Award Group: SOT