Computational Toxicology SS Pfizer Student & Postdoctoral Travel Award
Deadline: December 31
Two awards sponsored by Pfizer are available, one for a current PhD/Masters students and one for a postdoctoral fellow attending the SOT Annual Meeting. Applicants conducting research in computational methods development and/or their application to toxicology are encouraged to compete for the Computational Toxicology Specialty Section (CTSS) Pfizer Travel Award.
Submission requirements are:
- An abstract must have been submitted and accepted for the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting with the PhD/Masters student or Postdoctoral Fellow as the presenting author;
- A letter must be received from the Mentor and a CTSS Member if the mentor is not a CTSS member outlining the fellow's role in the research;
- Recipients of this award will not accept travel awards from any other Specialty Section for the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting;
- A student (i.e. PhD or Master) and a postdoctoral fellow will be selected. Each awardee will be funded for $750 of travel cost with an additional monetary prize of $500 and recognition plaque;
- The awardee will be required to provide a seminar on their latest work at a Computational Toxicology Specialty Section meeting at the upcoming SOT.
- A student/postdoctoral fellow can only win the CTSS Postdoctoral Fellows Travel Award once.
A copy of the accepted abstract and a recommendation letter from the PhD student/postdoctoral fellow's mentor or a CTSS member must be sent as an electronic file attachment (Word or pdf) to Minjun Chen
no later than December 31.
The awardee will be notified by February 1.
Award Group: SOT