Colgate-Palmolive Postdoctoral Fellowship Award in In Vitro Toxicology
Deadline: October 9
The Colgate-Palmolive Company sponsors the Colgate-Palmolive Postdoctoral Fellowship Award in In Vitro Toxicology through the Society of Toxicology to advance the development of alternatives to animal testing in toxicological research. The award is given annually and includes stipend and research-related costs (up to $44,000) for one year. Postdoctoral trainees in their first year of study beyond the PhD, MD, or DVM degree who are at academic institutions, federal/national laboratories, or research institutes worldwide may apply. The award application deadline is October 9 of the year prior to the year in which the fellowship is awarded.
The award consists of a plaque and fellowship funds.
Criteria for award:
- Postdoctoral trainees employed by academic institutions, federal/national laboratories, or research institutes
- Doctoral degree must have been conferred before this fellowship is awarded
- Preference will be given to applicants in their first year of postdoctoral study
- Applicant or postdoctoral advisor must be a member or pending member of the Society. If the recipient is not a member, they will be required to submit a membership application before the fellowship is conferred
- Proposed research should involve in vitro or animal alternative methods
- Potential of the proposed work to contribute to the advancement of the field of alternatives
Items needed in the application:
1. A. Application form
B. Budget sheet
C. Description of research to be performed
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Reprints of up to three representative publications
The items above should be submitted using the Online Awards System.
4. Letter of reference from doctoral advisor
5. Letter of reference from the proposed postdoctoral advisor
6. Third letter of reference
Letters of reference are emailed directly by the writer to SOT Headquarters.
To determine if you are eligible to submit an application for a Colgate-Palmolive supported award, you should be able to answer yes to the following statements.
In my proposed research:
- I will not use any animals in my research.
- I will not use animal sacrifice to source cells for my research.
- I will not use any cells derived from a human embryo.
If you agree with all three of the statements above, congratulations, you are eligible to submit an application! Please download the application materials and return the completed forms by the October 09 SOT Awards deadline.
Mail original application face page with official signatures to:
SOT Awards/Colgate-Palmolive Postdoctoral Fellowship in In Vitro
Society of Toxicology
11190 Sunrise Valley Dr, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20191
Historical Listing of Award Recipients
Award Group: Supported