Sustainable Chemicals Through Contemporary Toxicology SS Best Abstract Graduate Student Award
Deadline: January 10
This award is presented to one graduate student at the SOT Annual Meeting whose research has the ability to significantly impact the field of sustainable toxicology, green toxicology, and/or NAMs. Research topics that fall within scope are:
• Alternatives Assessment
• Chemical Hazard Assessment
• Chemical of Concern
• Circular Economy
• Eco Certifications/Endorsements
• Green Toxicology
• Hazard Reduction
• Informed Substitution
• Regrettable Substitution
• Safer Design
• Sustainable Development
• Sustainable Packaging
Application packages will be evaluated on the basis of scientific rigor, unique approach(es) to assessing the toxicity of a chemical or material, and direct relevance to the above sustainability-related topics. Only one awardee will be selected and will receive a cash award and an award certificate, which will be presented at the SCCT Specialty Section reception at the SOT Annual Meeting.
1. The award recipient must be a graduate student and graduate student member of SOT.
2. Copy of the accepted abstract for presentation at the SOT Annual Meeting, including all authors and affiliations.
3. A letter from the student’s academic advisory/mentor that highlights the student’s contribution to the original work, and the relevance and contribution to the field (see Description).
4. The award recipient must be present at the SCCT Specialty Section reception at the SOT Annual Meeting to accept the award (either via physical attendance or via conference call log-in if the SOT Annual Meeting is not held in person).
Please submit the abstract and letter as one PDF file to (Lauren Brown), SCCT Vice President-Elect.
Award Group: SOT