American Association of Chinese in Toxicology SIG JOINN Biomere Outstanding Young Toxicologist Award of AACT
Deadline: November 15
The Outstanding Young toxicologist Award is presented to an individual who has made significant contributions to the toxicology field in the early stage of their career in academia, industry, or government. Peer- and self-nominations are both welcomed. The awardee will receive a plaque and a monetary award (value $500). The intent of the monetary award is that it be used for education and/or research-related expenses, including travel to scientific conferences.
Criteria for award:
- Must have 15 years or less of experience since obtaining his/her highest degree; exceptions to the 15 year limitation can be made if careers were interrupted due to health reasons, family responsibilities, or related situations (reasons for the exception should be documented in the nomination letter).
- Must be an AACT member.
- Must provide a curriculum vitae.
- Cannot be a current member of the AACT Board.
Items needed for application:
- Summary of the candidate’s scientific contributions, including originality and impact on advancing the field of toxicology.
- At least two, but no more than three, letters of recommendation describing the nominee’s significant contributions to toxicology.
- CV listing is not sufficient without analysis and discussion of the important contributions and how the nominee meets the award criteria.
Contact: Dongying Li
Alternate Contact: Zhenquan Jia
Award Group: SOT