Women in Toxicology SIG Mentoring Award
Deadline: October 31
An important mission of WIT includes mentoring to support the career growth of women in toxicology and to guide young women considering careers in toxicology.
This award will be given to an individual (male or female) in academia, government, industry, or a related field who has been a major influence in the mentoring of women scientists entering the field of toxicology and/or whose leadership and service have provided career development opportunities for women toxicologists or encouraged women to achieve their professional goals.
Required application components (listed below) should detail mentoring activities. Mentoring activities, with other criteria listed below, are used in the award selection process.We welcome applicants to nominate themselves and highlight their own accomplishments and impact.
1) A letter of nomination that discusses the following at a minimum:
- Evidence supporting the active mentoring of women in toxicology
- Number of women mentored (and relative to overall number of mentees)
- Evidence mentoring is intentional and thoughtful
- Overall impact of mentoring
- Scientific contribution of mentees to toxicology (e.g., "where are they now")
2) A minimum of three letters of recommendation (at least 2 from current or past mentees). These letters should describe personal experience and impact the mentor had on their career.
3) Curriculum vitae of the nominee
The awardee will receive a plaque and monetary award.
All components of the award application must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file. The name of the award must be indicated in the title field. The application must be received by the deadline or the applicant will not be considered for the award.
Contact: Jennifer Cohen (email@example.com)
Award Group: SOT