Food Safety SS Burdock Group Travel Awards
Deadline: February 15
The award will be provided to a qualified full‐time graduate student attending the SOT 58th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in Baltimore, Maryland with research interests in the toxicology of food and food ingredients. Students early in their graduate training who have not attended an SOT Annual Meeting are particularly encouraged to apply.
Submission documents to include:
- A very brief essay discussing the student’s research and training and how it related to food safety/toxicology (1/2 page or less).
- A letter from anyone in the toxicology department, indicating the student is enrolled and in good standing in a masters or doctoral training program in toxicology or related program (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Post‐doctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.
- A list of any other travel award(s) received for this meeting or previous meetings.
- Proof of full‐time graduate or undergraduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient).
- The awardee must be present at the FSSS meeting to accept the award in person and grants permission for his/her image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
- Up to $600 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards.
- Recognition plaque commemorating the event.
- Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons, Eighth Edition textbook, in which Dr.Burdock co‐authors the chapter on Food Toxicology.
Rosalind Rivera, Marketing Coordinator
Award Group: SOT