Food Safety SS Burdock Group Travel Awards
Deadline: February 14
The Burdock Group is now accepting SOT 2019 Student Travel Award applications from qualified full-time graduate and undergraduate students with research interests in the toxicology of food and food ingredients who are attending the SOT 58th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in Baltimore, Maryland. Students early in their graduate training who have not attended an SOT Annual Meeting are particularly encouraged to apply.
Submission documents are to include:
- A very brief essay discussing the student’s research and training and how it related to food safety/toxicology (1/2 page or less).
- A letter from a toxicology department staff member indicating the student is enrolled and in good standing in a master’s or doctoral training program in toxicology or related program (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Postdoctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.
- A list of any other travel award(s) received for this meeting or previous meetings.
- Proof of full‐time graduate or undergraduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient).
- The awardee must be present at the FSSS meeting to accept the award in person and grants permission for his/her image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
- Up to $1,000 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards;
- Recognition plaque commemorating the event; and
- Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons, Eighth Edition textbook.
Kathrine Adams, Administrative Assistant
The Burdock Student Travel Award is promoted by the Food Safety Specialty Section.
Award Group: SOT