Graduate Student Travel Support
Deadline: October 9
Travel support for the SOT Annual Meeting is provided to graduate students who are PhD candidates in toxicology at the time of the Annual Meeting for which they are applying for travel support. Applicants must be presenting platform talks or posters at the Annual Meeting and be Student members of SOT or have a membership application pending as of October 9th of year prior to the Annual Meeting at which the platform talk or poster will be presented. Recipients are selected by a randomized process with students who have the most seniority in graduate school having the highest priority.
Funding amount for this award is determined annually by the SOT Awards Committee.
Criteria for award:
- Applicants must be PhD candidates in toxicology at the time of the Annual Meeting for which travel support is being requested
- Applicants must be student members of the Society or have a membership application pending as of October 9th of the preceding year
- Applicants should have an abstract submitted and accepted for the meeting-deadline for abstract submission is October 18
- Randomized selection; priority is to fund those with the longest tenure in graduate school
- Applicants can only receive the funding once
Items needed in the application:
- Electronic application form (use link below)
- The abstract which was submitted electronically via Abstract Central for the upcoming meeting
- The Control ID number for the abstract you submitted
- Letter of recommendation from the research advisor submitted electronically
Listing of Recipients
The Graduate Student Travel Application will be available August 1st.
Apply online using the electronic Graduate Travel Application
Award Group: SOT