Colgate-Palmolive Grant for Alternative Research
Deadline: October 9
The Colgate-Palmolive Grant for Alternative Research will identify and support efforts that promote, develop, refine, or validate scientifically acceptable animal alternative methods to facilitate the safety assessment of new chemicals and formulations. Scientists at any stage of career progression may submit a proposal.
High priority will be given to projects that:
Use in vitro
or non-animal models
In the following reasearch areas:
Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology
Cash stipend is provided as a single lump sum payment. Awardees can apply again for funding.
This award consists of a plaque and a maximum cash award of $40,000.
Criteria for award:
Implications for Research
- Applicant’s capacity to conduct the described research
- Must work in an established laboratory or have access to a laboratory able to perform the research detailed in the submission
- Level of training, experience and competence commensurate with proposed research
- Quality of past scientific publications
- Do not have to be a current member of the Society of Toxicology (although, if not a member, awardee will apply)
Research Plan's Scientific and Technical Merit
- The project clearly lies within the Primary Research Areas defined
- The project has potential for advancing the field of study
- The project will have an impact on experiments involving animals and the method replaces the use of animals in research
- Scientific quality and originality of the research plan
- Feasibility of the objectives
- Budget appropriateness and efficiency
Items needed in the application:
1. A. Application face page
B. Proposal, including:
- Title of proposed project and key words
- Abstract containing a brief description of the project in understandable terms (Maximum 200 words)
- Body of proposal (not to exceed 6 pages in length)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Institutional letter attesting that the applicant has access to a laboratory
4. Budget sheet
To determine if you are eligible to submit an application for a Colgate-Palmolive supported award, you should be able to answer yes to the following statements.
In my proposed research:
- I will not use any animals in my research.
- I will not use animal sacrifice to source cells for my research.
- I will not use any cells derived from a human embryo.
If you agree with all three of the statements above, congratulations, you are eligible to submit an application! Please download the application materials and return the completed forms by the October 09 SOT Awards deadline.
Apply by downloading application files, completing, and uploading to the SOT Awards page.
Mail original application face page with official signatures to:
Colgate-Palmolive Grants for Alternative Research
Society of Toxicology
11190 Sunrise Valley Dr, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20191
Listing of Award Recipients
Award Group: Supported