Pfizer SOT Undergraduate Student Travel Awards
Deadline: October 18
Pfizer SOT Undergraduate Student Travel Awards recognize outstanding undergraduates who have not yet received their bachelor's degrees and are presenting research at the Annual Meeting. The goal of the award is to foster interest in graduate studies in the field of toxicology. These awards are provided by Pfizer, Inc. and SOT. Approximately fourteen awards will be made. Awardees will be selected based on the quality of the submitted poster abstract, personal statement, academic record, and the advisor’s supporting recommendation. Awardees receive travel support including lodging and per diem and complimentary meeting registration. Each recipient is matched with a Pfizer scientist as a mentor for the meeting, is recognized at a special breakfast hosted by Pfizer, and attends the Society of Toxicology Sunday Undergraduate Education Program, and participates in other meeting activities.
- Abstract submitted by applicant is accepted for the meeting
- Applicant is currently enrolled in an undergraduate program of study at the time of application and during the SOT Annual Meeting
Directions for Completion of Application
Assemble the application in the following order in one PDF.
- Completed application form (completed using the latest Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat).
- The record of the SOT abstract submission obtained in the "review my work step" (select "click here for a printer-friendly version"). This will include all authors, their affiliations, and the abstract. Note that your abstract must be submitted by the October 18 deadline.
- Transcripts for all undergraduate institutions attended including course enrollment for the current semester (unofficial version is accepted).
- Email the form, abstract, and transcripts to Betty Eidemiller at SOT.
- Request that your research advisor completes your nomination form and letter of reference. Your advisor will email the nomination documents directly to Betty Eidemiller at SOT Headquarters using "Pfizer SOT" in the subject line.
All of the above items must be received at SOT Headquarters by midnight ET October 18.
Pfizer SOT Undergraduate Travel Award Recipients
Award Group: SOT