Best Postdoctoral Publication Awards
Deadline: October 1
Presented by the Postdoctoral Assembly (PDA), the Best Postdoctoral Publication Awards recognize outstanding work accomplished during formal mentored postdoctoral traineeships by recognizing recently published exceptional papers in the field of toxicology. Applications are reviewed by the Postdoctoral Assembly Board and outside reviewers with appropriate scientific expertise. The review process follows NIH conflict of interest, confidentiality, and nondisclosure guidelines. Three awards, each consisting of a plaque and $250,
are presented at the PDA Luncheon during the SOT Annual Meeting.
Criteria for award:
- The research reported in the paper must have been conducted while the author was engaged in a mentored postdoctoral research position, although the author may or may not still be in the postdoctoral position at time of submission
- The applicant must be a member of the Society or have submitted a membership application by the application deadline
- The applicant must be the first author on a peer-reviewed paper published online, in print, or in press, between October 1, 2018, and September 25, 2019
- Review articles will not be accepted unless they contain meta-analyses and/or decision analyses
- Co-first-authored papers will be accepted, with clear delineation of the applicant’s effort
- Only one paper may be submitted by each applicant
- PDA Executive Board members are eligible to submit applications, but those who do will not participate in the award selection
- Completed award application form
- Copy of the nominated paper
- If the paper is in press, a letter of acceptance from the journal editor
Advisors must submit a nomination form certifying the contributions of the applicant, including a statement describing the significance of the work and detail concerning the contributions of the nominee to the research reported in the paper.
Apply using the application materials. These are best completed with a PC with the current Adobe Reader. Once completed, send by email to SOT Headquarters before 11:59 pm (ET) October 1, 2019.
Historical Listing of Award Recipients
Award Group: SOT