Deadline: October 9
The SOT Founders Award, sponsored by the SOT Endowment Fund, is presented to a Full, Emeritus or Retired Full member of the Society of Toxicology who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in fostering the role of toxicological sciences in safety decision-making through the development and/or application of state-of-the-art approaches that elucidate, with a high degree of confidence, the distinctions for humans between safe and unsafe levels of exposures to chemical and physical agents.
The award consists of a plaque that is presented at the SOT Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony and a cash stipend.
Criteria for award:
Items needed in application:
- Full, Emeritus or Retired Full Member of the Society
- Leadership in fostering the role of toxicology in safety-decision making
- Significant contributions to toxicology
- Letter of nomination from Full member of the Society
- Curriculum vitae of nominee
- Seconding letter from Full member of the Society
Both letters should include documentation and description of the significant contributions to use of toxicology in safety-decision making by the nominee; CV listing is not sufficient without analysis and discussion of the important contributions and how the nominee meets the award criteria.
Award Group: SOT