Founders Award (for Outstanding Leadership in Toxicology)
Deadline: October 9
The SOT Founders Award, sponsored by the SOT Endowment Fund, is presented to a Full, Emeritus or Retired Full member of the Society of Toxicology (i.e. not limited to Founding Members of SOT) who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in fostering the role of toxicological sciences in safety decision-making through the development and/or application of state-of-the-art approaches that elucidate, with a high degree of confidence, the distinctions for humans between safe and unsafe levels of exposures to chemical and physical agents.
The award consists of a plaque that is presented at the SOT Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony and a cash stipend.
Criteria for award:
Items needed in application:
- Full, Emeritus or Retired Full Member of the Society
- Leadership in fostering the role of toxicology in safety-decision making
- Significant contributions to toxicology
- Letter of nomination from Full member of the Society
- Curriculum vitae of nominee
- Seconding letter from Full member of the Society
Both letters should include documentation and description of the significant contributions to use of toxicology in safety-decision making by the nominee; CV listing is not sufficient without analysis and discussion of the important contributions and how the nominee meets the award criteria.
Award Group: SOT