Biological Modeling Specialty Section (BMSS)
2014 BMSS Award Winners
- Perry J. Gehring Student/Post-Doc Award: Huali Wu, The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Can the association between serum perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and delayed menarche be explained on the basis of physiology and pharmacokinetics?” (Abstract number 91, poster board 126, Monday morning session)
- Best Paper Award: Zhang Q., Kline D.E., Bhattacharya S., Crawford R.B., Conolly R.B., Thomas R.S., Andersen M.E., Kaminski N.E. All-or-none suppression of B cell terminal differentiation by environmental contaminant 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013, 268(1): 17-26.
- Honorable Mentions (Best Paper Award):
- Strikwold M., Spenkelink B., Woutersen R.A., Rietjens I.M., and Punt A. Combining in vitro embryotoxicity data with physiologically based kinetic (PBK) modelling to define in vivo dose-response curves for developmental toxicity of phenol in rat and human. Arch Toxicol. 2013, 87(9): 1709-23.
- Lumen A., Mattie D.R., and Fisher J.W. Evaluation of perturbations in serum thyroid hormones during human pregnancy due to dietary iodide and perchlorate exposure using a biologically based dose-response model. Toxicol Sci. 2013, 133(2): 320-41.