President (1 year): John-Michael Sauer
Vice President (1 year): Jennifer L. Burkey
Vice President-Elect (1 year): Sally Marie Bradberry
Secretary/Treasurer (2 year): William Mattes
Past President (1 year): Donna L. Mendrick
Councilor (2 year): Tracy Chen
Councilor (2 year): Hartmut Jaeschke
Postdoctoral Representative (2 year): Phillip A. Wages
Student Representative (2 year): Courtney Nicole Jamison
To email the Clinical and Translational Toxicology Specialty Section Leadership, please send an email to SOTHQ@toxicology.org.
The responsibilities of the Executive Committee are summarized as follows:
- Immediate Past President. The Immediate Past President provides experiential guidance to the Executive Committee.
- President. The President provides leadership and direction for the future of the Specialty Section. The President represents the Specialty Section at the SOT Annual Meeting and other meetings. The President is the final decision-maker for the Specialty Section. The President is responsible, with input from the Secretary/Treasurer, for organizing through the SOT the Executive Committee meeting at the SOT Annual Meeting.
- Vice President. The Vice Presidentis a standing member of the Program Committee. He/She may attend SOT-sponsored meetings of Specialty Section Officers throughout the year and at the Annual Meeting. The Vice President shall be the ToXchange Community Site Administrator; duties include monitoring Forum Discussion, posting documents (such as meeting agendas and minutes) to the File Library, etc. A more detailed list of responsibilities and policies can be found in the Guidelines to the Administration of Sites on ToXchange for Regional Chapters, Special Interest Groups and Specialty Sections on the SOT website.
- Vice President-Elect. The Vice President-Elect is the Chair of the Program Committee and, as such, determines the process of proposal selection and communicates those selections to the membership. The Vice President-Elect may attend SOT-sponsored meetings of Specialty Section Officers throughout the year and at the Annual Meeting.
- Secretary/Treasurer. The Secretary/Treasurer is responsible for coordinating the finances of the Specialty Section with the SOT Headquarters, and provides a financial report at the Annual Meeting. The Secretary-Treasurer will also oversee the newsletter.
- Councilors. Councilors provide general scientific and organizational guidance for the Specialty Section. The first-year Councilor shall solicit nominees and preside over the selection of the Specialty Section’s Career Achievement Award, which is awarded to a member of the Specialty Section at the annual business meeting. The second-year Councilor shall solicit and preside over the selection of the Specialty Section graduate student and postdoctoral fellow awards presented at the annual business meeting.
- Postdoctoral Representative. The Postdoctoral Representative serves in an advisory capacity to the Executive Committee on mechanisms by which the Specialty Section could help serve postdoctoral needs in terms of education and mentoring.
- Student Representative. The Student Representative serves in an advisory capacity to the Executive Committee on mechanisms by which the Specialty Section could help serve student needs in terms of education and mentoring.