Immunotoxicology research determines how drugs and environmental chemicals impact the immune system. Immune mechanisms associated with a diverse variety of toxicities are studied. Immunotoxicologists examine immune-mediated toxicities induced by various xenobiotics, including pharmacological agents, environmental contaminants, chemicals, and physical agents (i.e., UV light, radiation).
The ITSS is comprised of members representing scientists from academia, government, industry, and the nonprofit sector who conduct research, interpret immunotoxicology data in evaluating safety risks, and contribute to public health assessments and health policy discussions.
Sites of Interest for ITSS Members:
- American Association of Immunologists
- Gordon Conferences
- Immunotoxicology and Chemical Allergy Specialty Section of EUROTOX
- International Immunotoxicology Conferences
- Japanese Society of Immunotoxicology
- Journal of Applied Toxicology
- Journal of Immunology
- Journal of Immunotoxicology
- Keystone Symposia
- Nature Reviews Immunology
- Toxicological Sciences