SOT Annual Meeting Policies
Participation is available only to bona fide individuals who are engaged in or promote the field of toxicology or biotechnology research and support the growth and development of the toxicology field.
Participation is available only to bona fide organizations with public policy positions and business practices that are generally consistent with the SOT mission, goals, and reputation, as well as its policies and principles, as determined by the Society.
SOT reserves the right to review applications for participation at the SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo to confirm that the applicant meets these criteria. The Society may reject a registration by any individual or organization or withdraw registration privileges at any time if the individual or organization is found to be inconsistent with the Society's principles and interests.
Attendance Terms and Conditions
By registering for the SOT 59th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions, granting SOT permission to:
- Reproduce, copy, and publish your image, voice, and any or all media taken at the Annual Meeting and ToxExpo.
- Share your contact information with organizations that the Society believes might have a product or service of interest to you. Limited data provided to third parties include name, title, affiliation, and business address. Your telephone and fax numbers and email will not be disclosed to third parties.
- Share your name and affiliation with ToxExpo exhibitors and Annual Meeting Supporters.
- Include you in the attendee list, which includes your name and affiliation, accessible to meeting registrants using the SOT Event App.
SOT Annual Meeting registrants (excluding registered guests) are:
- Allowed to bring children under full parental/guardian control into Scientific Sessions and the ToxExpo Exhibit Hall.
- Full control entails ensuring that children do not interfere with exhibits and sessions or display disruptive behavior (i.e., no running, no excessive noise).
- Parents/guardians will be liable for any damage to exhibits.
- In consideration of other participants, disruptive children should be removed from the hall or session.
SOT Annual Meeting registrants are prohibited from:
- Inviting guest/spouse registrants into Scientific Sessions and the ToxExpo Exhibit Hall.
- Soliciting in the ToxExpo Exhibit Hall unless registered as an exhibitor. SOT retains the right to remove any company or individual that has not duly contracted for exhibit space.
- Taking photographs or other electronic capture of Scientific Sessions or the ToxExpo without the consent of the session Chair and the presenter(s)/author(s).
- Photographing colleagues against the backdrop of scientific posters on display without the express consent of the presenting author(s).
- Photographing ToxExpo exhibit booths.
- Using cell phones while attending Scientific Sessions.
These policies will be enforced by the Society. Those individuals who do not comply will be asked to leave the session and/or ToxExpo Exhibit Hall. To request an exemption from any of the Annual Meeting policies, written notification by the registrant must be submitted to SOT Headquarters before the Annual Meeting and ToxExpo or while on-site. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact the SOT Headquarters Office.
Attendance Etiquette and Audio and Video Recording, Photography, and Cell Phone Policies
The Society does not permit photography or the electronic capture of Scientific Sessions or the ToxExpo Exhibit Hall without the consent of the session Chair and/or the presenter(s)/author(s). This policy also includes photographing colleagues against the backdrop of scientific posters on display without the express consent of the presenting author(s).
- Photographing or videotaping in the ToxExpo Exhibit Hall is prohibited.
- Electronic capture of Scientific Sessions via any method is prohibited.
- All cell phones and electronic devices must be put on mute while attending Scientific Sessions.
Attendees are encouraged to ask questions after presentations or at the direction of the moderator.