The Scientific Program Committee has tentatively accepted 60 sessions for presentation during the 2020 SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo. More details on these sessions, as well as the official schedule, will be available by November 2019.
IAT Innovations in Applied Toxicology ITS Innovations in Toxicological Sciences
- Application of RISK21 Framework in Regulatory-Based Decision-Making: From Business Decisions to Prioritization to Risk Assessment
- Can We Predict and Manage Immune-Related Adverse Events Associated with Cancer Immunotherapy?
- Cellular Recovery and Resilience: A New Perspective on Toxicity Testing
- Chemical Probes in Toxicology: From Defining Exposures to Identifying Novel Toxicity and Druggable Targets
- Cyanide as a Chemical Threat: Finding Better Antidotes IAT
- Developmental Toxicity of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS): Current In Vivo Approaches and Application to Human Health Risk Assessment
- Electronic Cigarettes and Cardiovascular Toxicity: New Friend or Old Foe?
- Environmental Carcinogenesis: Effect of Carcinogen Exposure on the Genome and Health Risks
- Environmental Exposure and Health Effects of Organophosphate Esters
- Epigenetic Mechanisms of Metal-Induced Cancer Stem Cell–Like Property and Carcinogenesis
- Evolving Technologies for Determination of Biotherapeutic Specificity
- Express Yourself (or Not . . .): The Nonclinical Safety of Oligonucleotide Therapeutics
- Genome Editing in Drug Discovery: Using the Cas9 Protein to Explore Target-Mediated Toxicity
- Human Stem Cell–Derived Test Systems as Alternative Approaches for Developmental Neurotoxicity (DNT) Evaluation: Research and Regulatory Perspectives
- Identifying and Modeling Gene-Environment Interactions in Neurological Diseases Associated with Metal Exposure: Challenges and Recent Advances
- Immune Cell Polarization in Toxicology and Therapeutic Approaches
- Immunosuppressive and Anti-inflammatory Activity of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: Adverse or Therapeutic?
- Lysosome/Autophagy Dysregulation in Toxicity and Disease ITS
- New Data and Tools for Understanding Chemical Distribution In Vitro
- Organ to Silicon Chip: Emerging In Vitro and In Silico Tools for Evaluation of Cardiotoxicity
- Protecting the Force: Examining the Hazards of Military Service from the Bench and the Battlefield
- Quantitative and Translational Systems Toxicology: Improving Drug Safety from Preclinical to Clinical Outcomes ITS
- Resolution of Inflammation in Chemical Toxicity/Tissue Injury: What’s Emerging?
- Single-Cell Technologies: A Potentially Transformative Tool for Toxicology ITS
- TaRGET II Consortium: Elucidating Epigenetic Responses to the Environment across Target and Surrogate Tissues
- Targeted Protein Degraders: Considerations for Nonclinical Safety Assessment of a New Pharmaceutical Modality
- Aircraft Cabin Fume Events: Is There a Toxicological Explanation?
- Applicability Domains and Future of Nonanimal Tests for Skin Sensitization
- Applying Modern Toxicology to Dietary Supplements with Ancient Roots: Botanical Safety in the 21st Century
- Automation and Machine-Learning Techniques to Leverage Resources When Conducting a Systematic Review
- Bringing Advances in Risk Science into Regulatory Decisions: Applying Data-Driven Uncertainty Analysis
- Cannabidiol Science, Safety, and Societal Impacts: Where Do We Stand? IAT
- Genetic Mutations of Manganese Transporters: Clinical Presentation and Neurotoxicity
- Globally Harmonized Guidance for Dose-Response Analysis and Derivation of Health-Based Guidance Values for Chemicals in Food—Part I: What’s New?
- Globally Harmonized Guidance for Dose-Response Analysis and Derivation of Health-Based Guidance Values for Chemicals in Food—Part II: Intuitive Demonstrations
- Have In Vitro Teratogenicity Assessments Come of Age in the Pharmaceutical Industry?
- Human-Relevant Carcinogenicity Testing: Tools for Cancer Assessment in 2020 and Beyond
- Immune-Mediated Adverse Drug Reactions: State-of-the-Art Learnings from Preclinical and Clinical Drug Development IAT
- Impacts on Human Health of Sunscreen Active Ingredients Used to Filter Ultraviolet Light
- Improving Our Understanding of Toxicant Metabolism and Cytochrome P450s Using Novel Knockout Models and High-Throughput Methods
- In Vitro Microphysiological Systems: Developing Tools to Evaluate Immunotoxicity of Drug Candidates
- Known Unknowns: Challenges and Approaches for Handling Chemical, Hazard, and Regulatory Uncertainty in Medical Device Safety Assessments
- Mechanisms and Multiple Exposures: Methods to Tackle Toxicology’s Most Difficult Challenges Using Systematic Review Frameworks
- New Frontiers in Dynamic Toxicology
- Oligodendrocytes/Schwann Cells: Major Targets in Neurotoxicity and Neurological Diseases
- Parental Cannabis Exposure and Long-Term Neurobehavioral Deficits in Offspring
- Sex, Lungs, and Air Pollution
- Single Cell Applications in Mechanistic Toxicology ITS
- The More, the Better? Single Biomarkers, Panels, and/or Composite Biomarkers to Characterize Organ Injury
- Toxicological, Exposure, and Risk Assessment of Emissions from 3D Printers
- Using Human Genetics to Aid in Safety Assessment of Therapeutics
- Variety Is the Life of Spice! The Clinical Toxicology of Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Mechanistic Read-Across of Chemical Toxicants Based on Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Critical Validations ITS
- Communicating Risk in a (Mis)information-Rich World
- Current Status and Knowledge Gaps in the Use of Zebrafish in Risk Assessment
- Individual-, Community-, and Population-Level Environmental-Associated Attributes of Disparate Health Outcomes in Vulnerable Populations
- Novel Uses of Analytical Platforms for Efficacy/Safety Biomarker Selection to Improve De-risking of Therapeutics
- The Epidemic of Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown Etiology in Agricultural Communities
REGIONAL INTEREST SESSION:
- Protecting Public Health and the Environment during Wildfire Recovery
EDUCATION-CAREER DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS:
- A CURE for the Common Classroom: Engaging Students and Faculty in Course-Based Undergraduate Research Experiences to Maximize Academic Success and Productivity
- Next-Generation Toxicologist Training through Innovative Summer Internships