Request Meeting Space
SOT offers attendees the opportunity to host meetings and events while at the SOT Annual Meeting. There are five different types of meeting and event space available to meet your needs. Only SOT Global Partners, exhibitors, Supporters, or organizations otherwise associated with SOT may host ancillary functions or have Ancillary Meeting space during the SOT Annual Meeting. These events must be approved by SOT Headquarters, as hotels are not permitted to book meeting space without authorization from SOT.
Four-Hour Room Hold
Ideal for small meetings and work groups, applicants are limited to one request per company per day.
24-Hour Room Hold
This space works well for small business meetings, administrative space, and training.
A variety of functions, such as company meetings, discussions, meals, and/or receptions, can be hosted.
(Convention Center or Hotels)
SOT endorses several Satellite Meetings, organized around scientific topics related to toxicology. Satellite Meetings are typically held the Saturday before or the Thursday afternoon after the Annual Meeting.
Please do not complete an Ancillary Meeting Request Form for a Satellite Meeting. Your proposal should be submitted as an MS Word or PDF file and follow the proposal format of a regular Symposium or Workshop Session . Proposals for a Satellite Meeting should be sent to David Rossé for the attention of George Daston, SOT Vice President and Scientific Program Committee Chair.
Ancillary Meeting Space
Ancillary Meeting space is available for a variety of functions, from small group meetings to receptions. No ancillary events may be scheduled during the days and time periods detailed on this web page.
- Submit one application per function request (only one day/time per application). You will receive email confirmation for each space request.
- In early October, you will receive email confirmation with your room assignment and hotel contact information. All coordination, including food and beverage and audiovisual equipment requests, should be arranged directly with the hotel contact. The applicant is responsible for any fees or charges assessed by the hotel.
- Space will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis after all SOT functions have been placed. Diamond Supporters will receive priority in the space assignment process.
- SOT has the right to change space assignments at any time due to unforeseen schedule alterations.
- SOT reserves the right to deny any Ancillary Meeting request from any organization whose goals or past actions are deemed counterproductive to those of the Society.
- Please notify SOT of any cancellations or changes to your meeting up until the time of your event.
No hospitality functions or Ancillary Meetings may be scheduled during specific days and time periods:
|Sunday, March 15||8:15 AM–12:00 Noon & 1:15 PM–5:00 PM||Continuing Education|
|Sunday, March 15||5:15 PM–7:30 PM||Awards Ceremony & Welcome Reception|
|Monday, March 16||8:00 AM–10:45 AM & 3:00 PM–4:30 PM||Scientific Sessions|
|Monday, March 16||1:00 PM–2:00 PM||Plenary Session|
|Tuesday, March 17||8:00 AM–10:45 AM & 1:30 PM–4:15 PM||Scientific Sessions|
|Tuesday, March 17||4:30 PM–6:00 PM||Annual Business Meeting|
|Wednesday, March 18||8:00 AM–10:45 AM & 1:30 PM–4:15 PM||Scientific Sessions|
|Thursday, March 19||8:30 AM–11:15 AM||Scientific Sessions|
If your organization plans to host an off-property event, please inform Jacquelyn Anderson, SOT ancillary function organizer, by February 7, 2020. The Society will provide a full listing of all SOT-related events to the city bureau and INA Security to ensure that everyone in Anaheim is informed of all SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo events.