Planning to Attend
Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities
The Anaheim Convention Center and SOT hotels are accessible to persons with disabilities. If you require special services, please let SOT know by indicating your needs while registering or by contacting Heidi Prange (703.438.3115).
To arrange special services, SOT recommends the following two providers for language and mobility needs:
- Language Services Associates Inc.
800.305.9673 | www.lsaweb.com
Language Services Associates is a nationwide, full-service firm providing translators and interpreters in 180 languages.
888.441.7575 | www.scootaround.com
Scootaround is a leading source for wheelchair, scooter, and powerchair rentals.
SOT attendees can take advantage of specially priced Disneyland Theme Parks tickets, available for purchase before the start of the Annual Meeting. Note: discounts available are only for tickets purchased before 9:00 pm (PDT) on Saturday, March 14, 2020.
The special SOT-related online Ticket Store for Disneyland discounts will open on Wednesday, November 13, 2019. Purchased tickets will be valid for visits from Friday, March 13, 2020, through Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Terms and Conditions
These specially priced tickets are intended only for guests who are participating in the SOT 59th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo. Only the registered attendee is allowed to purchase tickets (six ticket maximum) from this discounted Ticket Store link. The right to contact the ticket purchaser to request event registration confirmation is reserved. If it is discovered that the purchaser of the ticket is not participating in or attending the SOT 59th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo, it will be considered a misuse of this offer and ticket, and the ticket(s) will be blocked and will not be eligible for a refund. In addition, these tickets cannot be purchased for the purpose of being resold. These specially priced tickets will not be available after 9:00 pm (PDT) on Saturday, March 14, 2020.
If you register by January 10, 2020, you will receive your badge, event tickets, and other requested registration materials in the mail. Please remember to bring these items with you to Anaheim, as your badge is your admission to the meeting, sessions, and events. Tickets for Continuing Education courses and other events also may be required and are issued with your meeting badge.
If you register after January 10, 2020—or did not receive your badge or misplaced it—go to the Registration counter on-site to pick up your badge. You will be asked to show a photo ID.
Badge holders will be available on-site near Registration.
The best way to stay safe is to be aware of your surroundings and to avoid situations in which you feel uncomfortable.
Walk “smart” when you leave the Anaheim Convention Center:
- Take off your badge when you leave the convention center.
- Establish a “buddy” system with another meeting attendee and don’t walk alone. Also, share schedules and check on each other periodically.
- Know your destination and the best way to reach it. Avoid shortcuts that take you into unoccupied, unlighted areas or isolated streets.
- Keep your cell phone charged and never let strangers borrow it.
- Carry bags, purses, and valuables in front of your body. Jackets with pockets provide a convenient alternative to reduce the chance for lost or stolen handbags.
- Be sure your laptop is in a secure place. Laptops are attractive, easy targets for thieves.
- If you see something, say something! Report suspicious activity to authorities.
In Case of Protests
The possibility of demonstrators is very real given the nature of this conference. Events of this nature range from verbal confrontations, protests, and strikes to riots. We recommend the following procedures in the event of demonstrations:
- To identify yourself as an official meeting attendee, always wear your name badge while in the Anaheim Convention Center. When leaving the facility, remove your badge to appear to be a resident of the city. Avoid being distracted by your mobile phone.
- If you see a demonstration or protest beginning, please contact any member of the SOT Annual Meeting staff, and they will initiate an SOT response. If you see actions that appear threatening, notify the nearest security officer.
- Do not engage, defend either side, or subdue anyone in any type of disturbance. Demonstrators are usually trying to attract media attention. Don’t help them!
- SOT representatives will respond to media inquiries. Do not participate in interviews or other media responses.
- In the unlikely event that outsiders disrupt a Scientific Session or other event, SOT security officials have well-developed contingency plans in place. Please follow directions from the chairperson and avoid becoming involved in the situation.
Tips for applying for a visa are as follows:
The United States is advising visa applicants to apply at least three to four months before their travel date. Additional reviews may be required. This could add four to six weeks to the processing time.
Gather Your Application Materials
Organize your passport; necessary applications; supporting documents, including information on employment, reason for travel, and financial status; and proof of payment of fees. For more detailed information on visa requirements, consult the US Department of State visa web page and the National Academies International Visitors Office web page.
Submit Your Application
Make an appointment to visit your US embassy or consulate. Make sure you ask if there are any fees required. Most fees must be paid before your appointment. Wait times for appointments may be longer than in the past. Schedule the appointment as soon as possible. Information on visa wait times can be found on the US Department of State visa web page.
The SOT 59th Annual Meeting will be registered with the National Academies International Visitors Office in October. If you have any problems regarding your visa applications, please report your case to them by completing their online questionnaire. To help them identify your case, please include the name of the meeting (Society of Toxicology 59th Annual Meeting) in the “Purpose of Visit” field on the questionnaire. The International Visitors Office can submit inquiries to the US Department of State about the status of visa applications that have been pending for 21 days or more. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you need a formal invitation letter for visa purposes, you may request an invitation by sending your name, address, and other contact information to the SOT Registration Department. If you have been accepted as a meeting presenter, please include the title and date of your presentation. You will need to make your own hotel reservations and register for the meeting.