Exhibitor-Hosted Sessions (EHS) Overview
- Commercially supported educational sessions held concurrently with other Scientific Sessions and events on Monday, March 20; Tuesday, March 21; and Wednesday, March 22, during the SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo
- One hour and open to all meeting attendees in Nashville
- Selected from applications submitted by ToxExpo exhibitors or Annual Meeting Supporters and limited to one session per day per exhibitor/supporter
- Subject to review and approval by the SOT Scientific Program Committee, its agents, or SOT staff
- Held in rooms at the Music City Center and set theatre style for approximately 100 attendees
Sessions are evaluated for the ability to provide educational content distinct from the official SOT Annual Meeting scientific program. Presentations must be balanced and objective. Application requirements include session title, description, and three unique time and date options. Applications are reviewed and assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
There is no application fee. Exhibitors and Supporters selected to present EHS will be assessed a $1,250 opportunity fee per session.
A fee of $1,250 will be assessed for each approved session. Payment must be paid in full upon receipt of the approval email. The fee includes:
- Inclusion of the session description in the SOT Event App and SOT Online Planner
- Sign placement outside the session room
- Audiovisual equipment that will include an LCD projector, screen, laser pointer, podium, laptop, and wired microphone
- Theatre-style meeting room set for approximately 100 people
Auxiliary costs related to the session, such as additional audiovisual equipment or food and beverages, will be the responsibility of the company hosting the EHS.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing to SOT Headquarters. For cancellations received prior to December 16, 2022, 50% of the opportunity fee will be refunded if a replacement session is identified. No refunds will be granted after December 16, 2022. SOT does not guarantee session removal from program if cancellation is made after February 1, 2023.
EHS Rules and Regulations
- Exhibitor/Supporter hosts are limited to one 60-minute session per day.
- Every EHS is open to all registered attendees in Nashville, and no one will be turned away because of their employer.
- SOT reserves the right to review all mailings and other promotional items and activities employed to publicize any EHS. All brochures, invitations, announcements, posters, agendas, speaker descriptions, evaluations, postcards, website listings, other promotional and meeting materials, and enduring materials must be approved by SOT before printing or release. All promotional and meeting materials and any enduring materials for the session must include the following language verbatim placed in a prominent area on all materials associated with the session:
This session is an Exhibitor-Hosted Session. Although not an official part of the SOT Annual Meeting scientific program, its presentation is permitted by the Society.
- The SOT name and logo are the exclusive property of and trademarked by SOT. Aside from the approved wording, the SOT name, insignia, logo, or acronym or any reference to the SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo may not be used in mailing pieces, signs, advertising, or promotions in any media or on descriptive product literature either inside or outside the exhibit area before, during, or after the meeting without the written consent of SOT.
- SOT prohibits the on-site distribution of any session promotional materials beyond the confines of the EHS host's booth in the ToxExpo Exhibit Hall.
- Session rooms are preset in theatre style and cannot be altered from this layout.
- Applicants must be in good financial standing. By applying to host an EHS, applicants are agreeing to comply with the financial, administrative, and other responsibilities associated with their EHS.
- The use of hazardous materials and live animal testing during the sessions are prohibited. Results of studies in which animal experimentation was involved must have been carried out in accordance with the Society’s Guiding Principles in the Use of Animals in Toxicology.
- The EHS host organization will take full responsibility for its Exhibitor-Hosted Session and will hold harmless SOT and its agents and employees from any and all liability associated with the EHS. Through the completion and submission of the EHS application form, SOT is released from any and all liability.
If these rules are not adhered to in full, SOT reserves the right to cancel the EHS at any time.
EHS Marketing and Promotion Guidelines
The EHS host may advertise its event on the day of the session by following these guidelines:
- Signs no larger than 22 inches by 28 inches
- One sign placed outside the meeting room no more than 30 minutes before the start time of the session. Exact placement of signs will be at the discretion of the SOT Event Management.
- One sign placed in the host's ToxExpo booth
- Flyers may only be distributed from the host's ToxExpo booth. The EHS host's personnel or agents may not distribute any literature related to an EHS on-site outside the confines of the host's ToxExpo booth.